-ADY "A Regular Guy On The Issues"
Standing by our First Responders
Ensuring that our fire departments have the resources and tools they need to do their job is a priority for Congressman Mike McIntyre. As a member of the Homeland Security, Fire Services, and First Responder Congressional Caucus, he has given special attention to the security needs of our communities throughout Eastern North Carolina. Fire departments and first responders are some of the first folks on the scene of an emergency in our communities, and Congressman McIntyre is committed to ensuring that they have the resources necessary to protect our families, churchs, businesses, and communities.
Since the beginning of this year, fire departments across Eastern North Carolina have received over $1.6 million in federal funds to improve their operations.
- Pin Hook VFD has received $8,900 in federal funds and the Piney Grove Volunteer Fire and Rescue has received $4,900 to purchase equipment including radios, pagers, and turn out gear for fire protection
- Bolton Fire Department has received $71,493 in federal funds for operations and safety improvements
- Leland Volunteer Fire and Rescue has received $1,000,000 in federal funds for operations and safety improvements
- Sunset Harbor/Zion Hill VFD has received $61,821 in federal funds for operations and safety improvements.
- Buckhead VFD has received $256,500 in federal funds for vehicle acquisition.
- Acme/Delco/Riegelwood Fire and Rescue has received $103,858 in federal funds for operations and safety improvements.
- Lisbon Volunteer Fire Department has received $416,250 in federal funds for operations and safety improvements.