Below I have compiled some more information concerning Sharia Law and the Constitution. I am thankful that we live in a country that grants us the the Freedom of Religion. I also know that there are plenty of peaceful Muslims in the United States and around the world that practice their faith and choose not to practice or adhere to Sharia Law.
As you will see in the following text, Sharia Law is NOT peaceful, it does NOT protect people's Civil Rights and Civil Liberties, and it uses unfair procedures when deciding legal cases. Therefore, it is NOT conducive to the U.S. Constitution, and should NOT be considered when deciding legal cases. In my coorespondance with Mr. Awad, from C.A.I.R., (http://aregularguyontheissues.blogspot.com/2010/11/take-action-using-sharia-law-when.html) he stated that most American Muslim do not adhere to the violent and radical parts of Sharia Law. If C.A.I.R. admits that Sharia Law is violent and radical, then why do they endorse it? Why do they say it adheres to the Constitution?
Concerning Mr. Awad's point on Oklahoma's SQ775 being unessecary because of the Constitution and other federal laws, I agree. However, unfortunately, the Constitution gets attacked and circumvented by judges and officals with agendas. Instead of doing their jobs, they practice judicial activism. This has led to numerous state governments taking action as they see fit.
I hope you find the below information useful - and troubling.
Sharia on family law:
- Women are eligible for only half of the inheritance of men
- Virgins may be married against their will by a father or grandfather
- Arab women may not marry non-Arab men
- Women may not leave the house without a husband’s permission
- Muslim men may marry 4 women, including Christians and Jews; Muslim women may marry Muslims
- Men may beat insubordinate wives
Sharia on Jihad and religion:
- Offensive war (military Jihad) against non-Muslims is a religious obligation
- Apostasy from Islam is punishable by death without trial
- Non-Muslims ruled by Islam must follow including discriminatory “dhimmi” taxes and laws.
- Non-Muslims may not receive Muslim charity “zakat”, but may be bribed to convert to Islam but
- Lying to infidels during Jihad, or to promote Islam, is permissible
Sharia on human rights:
- Homosexuals and lesbians must be killed
- Slavery is permitted and legitimate
- Muslim men have unlimited sexual rights over slave women, even married slaves
- Female sexual mutilation (cliterectomy) is obligatory
- Adultery is punished with death by stoning
- Women's testimony in court is worth half that of men (and is permitted only in property cases)
- Non-Muslims may not testify in Shariah courts.