Tweet This!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

I'LL NEVER FORGET!!! - 9/11/2001, I was a 19....

I'LL NEVER FORGET!!! - 9/11/2001, I was a 19 year old U.S. Marine, stationed in Okinawa, Japan. We were woken up in the middle of the night and given the news. My roommate was from NYC, and his father was a butcher who worked close to Ground Zero. It took him hours before he could get intouch with his family. I remember trying to make a phone call and the operator asking me if we were going to war. It struck me as so odd because usually operators don't ever say anything other than "thank you" and "please hold." Ten years later, those responsible have yet to be brought to justice. We owe it to those who gave their lives that day in NYC, the Pentagon, and aboard Flight 93. And, we owe it to all of the men and women in uniform who have given their lives in pursuit of those responsible. It's time to rethink and refocus our game plan in Afghanistan. Stop the nation building and tax payer funded welfare for the Afghani people. WE NEED TO RECOMMIT TO BRINGING THOSE RESPONSIBLE TO JUSTICE, NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE AND BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!

As always - I am and will be forever grateful for all of our First Responders and Armed Forces, past and present.

“We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be never so vile. This day shall gentle his condition. And gentlemen in England now abed shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day."

No comments: